Empire HDD is an Energy and Utility Infrastructure construction company located in Sebastopol CA, specializing in Horizontal Directional Drilling, Hydro-vacuum Excavation, Underground Utilities, Civil Works, Electrical and Energy Construction.
We are seeking Foreman-level tradesmen who will take on the role of either field working or supervising depending on the size and scale of the project.
Experience in Underground and Civil Construction of Wet and Dry Utilities is required. Knowledge of Electrical Systems and Electrical Construction is a plus.
To learn more about our company please visit our website at www.EmpireHDD.Com
Job Duties include:
- Supervision / Management of Project and Field Crew ranging from 2-8.
- Understanding and ability to read Plans and Prints, develop material Take-Offs or BOM, Material Procurement / Ordering, and Daily Job Progress Reporting.
- Coordination and Communication with Empire Office and other Foremen / Superintendents as needed.
- Forward vision and ability to identify specific needs required to maintain Project Schedule.
- Ability to identify project-specific needs in terms of Equipment, Personnel, Materials, and other resources to maintain project schedule.
- Operating various equipment including; Excavator, Backhoe, Skid Steer, Telehandler, Hydro-vacuum excavator.
- Knowledgeable of safety requirements for both Public and Company Workmen relating to Underground and Electrical projects.
- Locating and Potholing Utilities.
- Operation of Directional Drilling Guidance System.
- Installation of Water Mains, Services and Appurtenances, Storm and Sanitary Sewer, Electrical and Telecom duct banks, Gas Distribution, and Service Systems.
- Joint Trenching and Backfilling.
- Understanding of Traffic Control and Flagging Operations.
- Asphalt and Concrete cutting and demolition.
The following Qualifications and Experience should be considered examples of type of knowledge we are seeking and not a requirement:
- 4 years Underground Industry.
- CDL Class A driver’s license or eligibility and ability to obtain one is ideal.
- Prior experience in the Directional Drilling Industry is preferred but not required.
- Journeyman Electrical Certification a plus.
- Previous Civil Electrical Construction.
- Contractors License of any capacity a plus.
- Former Business Owner a plus.
- OSHA 10, 30, or 40 Hour Hazwoper Preferred.
- Understanding of Slope and Grade. Use of builders level or laser transit.
- Ability to read Grade Stakes.
- Familiarity with Deep Excavations and Shoring Systems.
- Understanding of Civil Works including; Concrete form work and Rebar reinforcing. Concrete placement, screeding, vibration, and finish work.
- Hot mix asphalt.
- Metal Fabrication, MIG, and Arc welding.
- Mechanical abilities to maintain and fix (as necessary) Fleet Trucks and Tractors.
- Familiarity with working in City and County Roads and Highways.
Perks of the job:
- Salary or Hourly Compensation is available, pay DOE.
- Growing Company with Vertical Growth Opportunities.
- “Open Shop” company that works Prevailing Wage.
- Company truck, tools, and fuel.
- Full Medical and Benefits Package.
- 401K plus 3% Match.
- 2 Weeks Paid Time Off.
- 1 Week Sick Time Off.
- Flexible Schedule.
- Team company, no drama, fun work environment.