Horizontal Directional Drilling Jobs
Horizontal Directional Drilling is the future for underground infrastructure installation. Our team works to protect the surface by perfecting directional boring under sensitive environments, vineyards, hillsides, pavement, sidewalks, and other terrain. Our work is challenging and jobsites can take you places you have not seen.
Our industry is growing in popularity and the number of drilling company projects we have booked means we are looking to add to our team. At Empire HDD, we believe in teamwork, safety, quality training and loyalty. We are one of the top horizontal directional drilling companies in California where you can grow with us. If you are a team player and want an opportunity to grow with a proven construction industry winner, let us know.
Below you'll find current openings for Horizontal Directional Drilling jobs.
- Horizontal Directional Drilling Operator
- Horizontal Directional Drilling Locator
- Horizontal Directional Drilling Estimator
- Horizontal Directional Drilling Project Manager
Locator for Horizontal Directional Drilling. Local to Northern California.
Horizontal Directional Drilling company seeks Locator local to Northern California.
Empire HDD is a new and fast-growing HDD/Directional Boring company looking to hire a Horizontal Directional Drill Locator. Come join our team of passionate, hardworking tradesmen in a highly specialized field with plenty of room for growth!
This job involves working in the field with a close-knit crew, heavy math skills, and necessitates a desire to hone the craft. We are all about hitting our mark! Our company is dedicated to high quality work, safety, and efficiency. We are always looking for the highest and best way to complete a project. Experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right person.
- Locate for Horizontal Directional Drill for installation of underground conduit/sewer/fiber optic cable/etc.
- Prepare worksite to locate utilities and eliminate possible hazards.
- Ensure safety of the public (and other) underground utilities.
- Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Read utility locates and coordinates daylighting of these facilities.
- Inspect the work in progress to ensure highest quality workmanship.
- Communicates closely with the drill operator to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Measure distances from grade stakes, lasers, and GPS coordinates.
- Vehicle and equipment operations from trucks to other equipment as directed and certified.
- Lead teams in the field effectively and efficiently as needed and directed by a supervisor.
- Perform proper maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making minor repairs to equipment.
Desired Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- Two years Horizontal Directional Drilling experience.
- Valid California Drivers License required, Class A CDL preferred.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Ability to understand maps, drawings, and diagrams for project build process.
- Practical knowledge of underground construction.
- A love for mud!
- Competitive wage
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Must be a reliable team player and be able to perform tasks with little or no supervision with exceptional quality. Must be able to do some basic math, lift heavy objects, shovel, and do any other tasks asked of you. Also, must be willing to work overtime, do a little traveling and work some Saturdays. Pay is based on experience.
Please contact Empire HDD telling us about your experience, or your desire to join a great company.